Those cookies are a perfect treat for your child. They made with beetroot powder supporting healthy growth and development. Sweetened with low glycemic coconut blossom sugar. Also, baked with gluten free flour.
Recipe by Ola Mazurkiewicz Dip NT, mNTOI
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 1/2 cup Beetroot Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, natural
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat again until well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add gluten free flour in two batches and mix again. It won’t be so thick that you can’t continue mixing it, but it should appear “doughy.”
- Add beetroot powder and mix again.
- Place in a fridge for 15-20 min to chill, so it’s easier to roll a balls of it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts of dough, roll them into balls and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet, flatten with a fork deep each time in cold water to prevent sticking to the dough.
- You can decorate them with a little bit of beetroot powder mixed with coconut sugar and sprinkled over the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several days. Freezer for longer term storage. (They taste just as good the 2nd and 3rd day as they hold their texture/flavor well.)