It’s a pumpkin season at the moment and there’s so many delicious things you can make with a pumpkin, like this Spicy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownie. this recipe is not only super easy, fun and delicious, but also Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Free from Processed Sugar, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo and Raw.
- 1 cup Pumpkin, raw, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Dates, pitted, soaked and drained
- 75g Cashew Nuts, raw
- 50g Designated Coconut
- 1 heaped tbs Coconut Flour
- 3 heaped tbs Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 heaped tsp Carob Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, natural
- 1 tsp spicy Red Paprika, powder
- pinch of salt
- Prepare your pumpkin puree by blending the pumpkin with dates and all the spices.
- Place it in a pot and a medium heat and shimmer for 5min stirring vigorously.
- Cool down pumpkin puree and transfer to a blending container.
- Add raw cacao, carob powder coconut flour and cashew nuts and blend all until smooth.
- Add designated coconut and combine with the rest of the mixture using a tablespoon.
- Spoon all out to a container and flatten it until its 2 cm high. Cover with designated coconut.
- Place in a fridge for a few hours to allow the coconut and cashew nuts to soak up all the water from a pumpkin.
- Take out when firm and cut out a square pieces.
- Store in a fridge.
Recipe by Ola Mazurkiewicz Dip NT, mNTOI