CPD Points: 20
Date(s) - 05/11/2018 - 01/02/2019
IHS: Certificate in Personalised Sports Nutrition.
Develop practical and theoretical knowledge on the principles of personalised sports nutrition and how this approach best serves an individual interested in improving athletic performance. This course is ideal for professionals who wish to add another dimension to the physical fitness training advice they are currently giving or for those with a personal interest in getting the most out of their sports and fitness regime.
Next start date: November 2018
Length of Course: 3 Month
Study format: Online with 4 optional webinars
Pre-requisites: A background in sports and fitness coaching or a nutrition qualification at UK level 3 or 4, including a basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. However anybody with a passion for fitness, food, nutrition and health will be considered.
Registered as 20 CPD points for NTOI members.
You will learn:
- Through real case studies and the first-hand experience of our highly experienced Personalised Sports Nutrition team
- How to assess how an individual’s diet and lifestyle choices may be impacting physical performance
- How to identify common barriers to fitness and peak performance
- How to optimise macro, micro and phytonutrient levels to support the systems of the body associated with peak physical performance
- How personalised diet and lifestyle recommendations, alongside specially tailored supplements, can be used to improve physical performance
- To help individuals prevent damage to the systems of the body that can inadvertently be caused by exercise itself